I can’t even lie; I am totally obsessed with beets right now. There are so many great benefits of eating beets that I don’t think many realize. They are loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory agents, can also help with eye sight and lower your risk of heart disease, and can really help with keeping your digestion on track because it’s packed with fiber, which we all seem to never get enough of. The list really goes on and on! With that said, I made an amazing, refreshing beet salad and I thought it was a must share! Here is the recipe:
What you’ll Need:
- Fresh bundle of beets
- Arugula Salad
- Dried Cranberries
- Goat Cheese of your choice
- Chopped Walnuts (if you have a nut allergy leave off or substitute one of your choice)
- Mandarin Oranges (I buy a small can and drain the juice)
- Fresh Raspberries
- Olive Oil
How to Make:
- Wash beets and peel
- Cut into bite size pieces and place in a microwave safe bowl and add a little water to steam the beets
- Cover and cook until desired softness (I cooked mine for 2 minutes so they still had a little crunch)
- Place cooked beets in the fridge to cool
*TIP: Beets can stain so wash your hands promptly or wear gloves and be extra careful preparing these if you’re wearing white!
*Beets washed, peeled and cut into pieces and placing in the fridge.*
Homemade Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing time! Here’s how simple this is:
- 1 cup of washed Raspberries
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic
- 2 tbsp of honey
Now blend together and voila! Delicious salad dressing to compliment your salad. You can add a little more olive oil or balsamic depending on your taste buds. This concoction to me was perfect.
*Dressing stored in mason jar for future use!*
Now it’s time to construct your masterpiece! (Ok, ok… your salad)
- Wash Arugula and place desired amount of leaves on your plate
- Now add some dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, mandarin oranges and goat cheese crumbles (I found a goat cheese with dried cranberries in it, how fun?! I sliced off little pieces so I kind of made my own goat cheese crumbles.)
- And of course add the best part, the chilled beets
*How beautiful is this salad?!*
Bam! Just like that you’ve made a healthy, action packed salad that your body with thank you for! Let me know what substitutions you decide to make (if any) with this, or how you like the one I made. Now “beet” it and go make this yumminess! Bon Appétit!
*For more of my day-to-day, Follow me on Instagram: Mbraun218!